PayFast is looking for a skilled PHP Developer to join our team in Cape Town to help meet the demands of our rapid growth. You will be involved in expanding our existing payment platform and building new & exciting features and applications relating to payments, online commerce, fraud detection and security. The successful candidate will possess strong PHP development skills and a general enthusiasm for web development and the internet. We’re a startup that wants to employ ambitious and committed people to grow with the company!
Minimum qualifications and experience:
- 1-3 years PHP development experience working with OOP
- Full understanding and working experience of MVC design pattern
- Working knowledge of MySQL (including transactions and atomicity)
- A working understanding of Linux, preferably Red Hat / Centos
- Any experience with eCommerce systems a plus (osCommerce, ZenCart etc.)
- Some front-end design experience
- Grade 12 certificate and relevant certifications from an accredited institution
- Degree in computer science, engineering or related area a plus
- Be able to operate independently, but also work as a member of a team
- Be self-motivated and have high energy levels
- Have strong communications skills
- Be an analytical thinker with meticulous attention to detail
- Be able to use initiative in problem-solving
- Genuine interest and passion about technology. Geeks only please.
- Have a sense of humour :-)
Active participation in the open source community is strongly encouraged.
Salary of ZAR 8,000 – 16,000 per month cost to company commensurate with experience
A bonus will be payable in December based on the employee’s performance as well as the company’s performance, at the discretion of the company.
How to apply
Applicants to provide cover letter, CV, code examples and project examples. This can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org