To celebrate 15 years of facilitating online payments for businesses of all sizes in South Africa, we’re running an exciting competition that will award one lucky business owner that uses PayFast as their payment gateway with R15,000 to grow their business.
In 2007, tech entrepreneur Jonathan Smit founded PayFast as an innovative solution to help ecommerce businesses accept payments online. Over the past 15 years, PayFast has grown to become one of South Africa’s most popular and trusted online payment aggregators.
Turning 15 is an important milestone for us, so as part of our birthday celebrations, we want to celebrate the small businesses that we’ve helped get started in the digital economy. We want to hear about your online business and why you love doing what you do. We’ll select our favourite story, based on how creative, inspiring and original it is, to feature and reward with R15,000 cash to grow their business.
How to enter the PayFast 15th birthday competition
To enter our 15th birthday competition, all you have to do is record yourself and share it on your Instagram story or TikTok telling us about your small business and why you’re passionate about what you do. To be entered into the competition, please make sure to include the following:
- The name of your business
- The product or service you provide
- How you would spend the R15,000 to grow your business
- Use the campaign hashtag #PayFast15
- And of course, don’t forget to tag us on @payfastsa (you can find us on Instagram here and TikTok here)
Please note that you’ll only be eligible to win if you’ve been actively using PayFast to receive payments over the last 12 months. You can read more about the competition’s Ts&Cs below.
You have until 12:00 pm on 23 May 2022 to enter, so upload your video and tag us before then for your chance to win R15,000. The winner of this competition will be featured in a case study on our website and shared on our social media pages. We wish you the best of luck and can’t wait to see your submissions!
Competition Terms and Conditions
- The prompter is PayFast whose registered office is in Brookside Office Park, Lansdowne Building, 11 Imam Haron Road, Claremont, Cape Town.
- The competition is open to residents of South Africa aged 18 years or older except for employees of PayFast and their relatives and/or anyone otherwise connected with PayFast.
- There is no entry fee to enter the competition.
- Details and how to enter the competition can be found on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/payfastsa/ and TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@payfastsa By entering the competition, the individual is agreeing to participate in a case study about their business which will be published in a blog and shared on social media.
- By entering this competition, the individual is indicating his/her agreement to these terms and conditions.
- The closing date for entry will be as stipulated on our Instagram and TikTok pages at 12:00 pm on 23 May 2022. After this date, no further entries to the competition will be allowed.
- PayFast reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition along with these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by PayFast.
- The prize is R15,000 to grow your online business, which will be transferred into the winner’s stipulated South African bank account via EFT within 30 days of the competition closing.
- The winner will be chosen by a panel of judges so make it count.
- The winner will be notified by email and/or DM on Instagram/TikTok on 25 May at 2:00 pm and will be expected to provide their merchant ID. If the winner does not claim the prize within 24 hours after being notified, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and a new winner will be selected.
- If you are not an active merchant (received a payment in the last 12 months) then a new winner will be selected.
- All entrants agree that their name/s and/or photograph/s may be used in any promotional and/or advertising for the purposes of marketing, for which permission may be revoked at any time.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by South African law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of South Africa