The aim of Knysna Sedgefield Hospice is to serve the community by providing palliative, home-based care and support for persons with progressive, incurable or chronic debilitating illnesses. Our holistic care extends to the families prior to and during the bereavement period.
This is achieved by medically directed, nurse and social worker coordinated care to meet the physical, spiritual and psycho-social needs of patients who meet our referral criteria irrespective of race, age, creed, or gender.
1. To provide quality palliative care and support to patients and their families.
2. To sustain good governance through the correct combination skills, experience and representivity
3. To promote awareness of palliative care and to influence policies that would advance care.
4. To develop strategic partnerships and networks with other organisations who could promote and/or provide quality palliative care.
5. To provide and promote education, training, mentorship and research in palliative care, bereavement, grief and related Non Profit Organisation topics.
6. To maintain and strengthen management systems of human and material resources and encourage a supportive, caring and cost effective ethos throughout the organisation.
7. To seek innovative ways of generating and accessing funds to support and sustain the mission of the organisation.
8. To be an information and knowledge driven organisation through effective monitoring, evaluation, quality improvement, risk management and reporting systems.