Refund your customers through the PayFast Dashboard
Refund your customers directly without having to go through PayFast Customer Services. Currently the Merchant Refund feature is available for our two most popular payment methods, credit & cheque cards and Instant EFTs. In the future, we will extend the Merchant Refund feature to our other supported payment methods.
How Merchant Refund works:
- Log in to your account or register for one if you’re new to PayFast.
- From the Transactions drop-down menu select ‘History’.
- Locate the purchase transaction to be refunded and select the refund icon in the far right column.
- On the refund transaction screen, select if the refund type is a full or partial refund of the original transaction amount.
- Enter the amount of the refund and the reason for the refund.
- The buyer will receive a refund confirmation email.
Benefits of Merchant Refund
Initiate quicker refunds to ensure happier customers.
Refund credit card and Instant EFT transactionsRefund our two most popular payment methods, you’ll soon be able to refund our other payment methods as well.
Initiate refunds from the PayFast DashboardSign into your PayFast account and refund your customer in a few simple steps.
Choose to refund a partial or full amountRefund your customer in full or a partial sum of the original transaction amount.
Pay a flat fee per refundStarting from 1 October 2020, each refund, irrespective of the amount, will have a fee of R 2.00 excluding VAT.