Reach customers around the world with the most popular online payment method
Receive payments instantly from anywhere around the world in ZAR with Visa and Mastercard issued credit and cheque cards. We process local and international credit card payments with a variety of fraud protection mechanisms in place to minimise the risk of chargebacks.
How credit and cheque cards work
- During the checkout process, buyers are prompted to enter their credit or cheque card details.
- The 3D Secure page will then appear, if the issuing bank identifies the transactions as requiring authentication, then a challenge request will be presented to the buyer where they will need to authenticate themselves with their bank using either a password, one-time PIN (OTP) or via authentication in their banking application. If 3D Secure 2 is in use, then the cardholder won’t need to verify the payment.
- Buyers can then make the payment, which once processed will show in your PayFast account.
Benefits of credit and cheque cards
- Popular payment method and easy to use
- Receive local and international payments in ZAR
- Built-in fraud protection to minimise the risk of chargebacks
- Ability to tokenize card details for recurring subscription or single click-style payments
- Only pay a small all-in-one transaction fee when you make a sale
- Quickly action refunds via the PayFast dashboard
Simple, transparent pricing
No setup, monthly or hidden fees. Fees are negotiable based on online sales volumes.