Activate debit cards to get access to 1,000s of buyers without credit or cheque cards
Debit cards without a CVV number usually cannot be used to make online payments, but through PayFast you can give debit card holders the opportunity to spend money online at your store. Reach more South African shoppers by offering debit card payments at checkout.
Supported mobile operators:
How debit cards work
- Debit card payments can be made using cards issued by Visa Electron and Maestro.
- When the buyer chooses to pay by debit card at checkout they are prompted to enter their registered mobile phone number.
- Next the buyer enters their debit card details and PIN on their mobile phone.
- Once the payment is processed it will instantly show in your PayFast account.
Benefits of Debit Cards
- No risk of chargeback for no card authorisation
- Access to debit card users results in more potential buyers
- Payments instantly reflect in your PayFast account
- Only pay a small all-in-one transaction fee when you make a sale
Simple, transparent pricing
No setup, monthly or hidden fees. Fees are negotiable based on online sales volumes.