mobicred is an online account that gives buyers access to credit, which they can use to pay you online through PayFast.
Let your customers buy on credit while you get paid in full
mobicred works in a similar fashion to retail store credit: only online. mobicred charges interest rates comparable to those of credit card providers and only levies monthly fees while the account is used, unlike most credit cards. Activate mobicred as a payment option and give your customers the ability to pay off their online purchases in monthly instalments while you get immediate payment in full.
How mobicred works
When buyers first register a mobicred account, they undergo a simple online process to determine their credit limit. mobicred account holders with sufficient available credit can then make payment by selecting mobicred at checkout and signing into their account. Once processed, you will immediately receive the full amount (minus PayFast’s fees), without the risk of payment reversals.
Benefits of mobicred
- Payments reflect immediately in your PayFast account
- Reach customers who don’t have credit cards
- Available to customers from most South African banks
- No risk of chargeback or default to seller
- Only pay a small all-in-one transaction fee when you make a sale, we have no monthly, setup or hidden fees
To start accepting mobicred payments on your website, register for a free PayFast account.
How it works