Events Manager Pro is an add on for the Event Manager plugin for WordPress which enables you to publish event, locations and calendars as well as accepting bookings for these events.
- Individual Attendee Data
- Event Reminders
You’ll need a working installation of WordPress with Events Manager Pro before you can integrate with PayFast. Kindly see their website for more information.
To install the PayFast module, follow the instructions below:
- In order to integrate EM Pro with PayFast you will need to include gateway.payfast.php on line 464 of events-manager-pro/add-ons/gateways/gateways.php as follows: include(‘gateway.payfast.php’);
- You will also need to add South African Rand to the currency options. This is done in events-manager/em-functions.php as follows: On line 223 add ” ‘ZAR’ => ‘ZAR – South African Rand’ ” to the array. On line 224 and 225 add ” ‘ZAR’ => ‘R’ ” to the array.
- Download and unzip the file.
- Using FTP copy the wp-content file to your root WordPress directory.
- Log in to the admin dashboard of your website, navigate to Events>Payment Gateways.
- Click on PayFast settings and setup the settings page accordingly
- If you are testing in sandbox mode leave the Merchant ID and Key fields blank.
- If you are ready to go live insert your merchant ID and Key, as well as passphrase (only if you have the passphrase set on your PayFast account)
- Click Save Changes.
- Navigate back to Events>Payment Gateways and click on activate PayFast.
- Navigate to Settings>Bookings>Pricing Options and select currency ZAR.