Paid Memberships Pro is a WordPress Plugin and support community for membership site curators. It allows you to grant regular visitors access to a part of your site and display extra, premium content for paying users. The PayFast-fork, added by us, allows you to accept payment in South African rand.
- Flexible membership levels
- Custom access
- Member reporting
- Works with existing themes
The Paid Memberships Pro plugin was developed by Stranger Studios. We simply forked their plugin (up to v1.8.5), adding the ability for visitors to pay for membership using South African rand with PayFast. If you have any questions about the functionality about Paid Memberships Pro, please get in touch with them. If you are having payment integration problems, get in touch with us. You will need to be registered on PayFast to accept payments and get your merchant ID. Register here. For integration with Paid Memberships Pro 1.8.6 please see the instructions below.
Paid Memberships Pro PayFast-fork integration (v1.8.5)
1. Download the ZIP file of the latest fork from https://github.com/PayFast/paid-memberships-pro
2. Upload it via the WordPress Dashboard or via FTP to the Plugins folder
3. Activate the plugin
4. Follow through the PMP documentation: http://www.paidmembershipspro.com/documentation/(you’ll need to register for a free account to read all setup documentation)
5. To configure PayFast, go to Memberships > Payment Settings. Enter your Merchant ID and key.
Note: Whenever an update is available for the plugin and you update it from within WordPress (or from the developer’s site), it will update to their latest version (i.e. without PayFast payments). To ensure that the plugin stays PayFast-compatible, always download the latest version from our GitHub account. You’ll need to upload the updated files via FTP.
v1.8.6 – 1.8.*
1. Download the module and unzip the module to a temporary location on your computer.
2. Copy the ‘wp-content’ folder in the archive to your base WordPress folder -This will merge the folders in the PayFast module with your WordPress folders -You will be prompted to overwrite the paymentsettings.php file, select overwrite
3. At this point it is necessary to add 2 lines of code to the paid-memberships-pro.php file which is in the root directory of the Paid Memberships Pro plugin -Open the file in a text editor and on line 84 add the following code:
require_once(PMPRO_DIR . “/classes/gateways/class.pmprogateway_payfast.php”);
-Go to the end of line 133, push enter to create a new line 134, add the following on 134:
‘payfast’ => __(‘PayFast’, ‘pmpro’),
4. Log in to the administration console of your website
5. Select “Memberships” from the menu, and go to “Payment Settings”
6. Under “Payment Settings” select “Payment Gateway and SSL”
7. Choose “PayFast” from the “Payment Gateway” drop down menu
8. The PayFast options will then be shown below
9. Leave everything else as per default and click “Save Changes”
10. The module is now ready to be tested in sandbox (note: sandbox does not currently work for subscriptions)
11. When ready to go live input your PayFast merchant ID and Key (and passphrase if it is set on your PayFast account) and click “Save Changes”
12. To setup a subscription select ‘Recurring Subscription’. Currently Paid Memberships Pro can only accept monthly and annual subscriptions through PayFast
13. Ensure that subscriptions are enabled on the Integration page (under Settings) on your PayFast account