Thelia is an open source tool for creating responsive e-business websites and managing online content.
How do I use PayFast with thelia?
In order to use PayFast with thelia, you will need to install the PayFast payment module for thelia which is provided by PayFast.
How do I install the PayFast module?
- Unzip the module to a temporary location on your computer
- Copy the “PayFast” folder to local/modules under your base “Thelia” public folder
– This should NOT overwrite any existing files or folders and merely supplement them with the PayFast files
– This is however, dependent on the FTP program you use
- Login to the Thelia Back Office
- Using the navigation bar, navigate to Modules
- Click on Enable Pay with PayFast
- Once the module is Enabled, Under PAYMENT MODULES, Pay with Payfast click on Actions -> Configure Module.
- The PayFast options will then be shown, and you will see the module is ready to be tested.
- Leave everything as per default and click “Save”
- The module is now ready to be tested with the Sandbox. To test with the sandbox, Select Test mode
How can I test that it is working correctly? If you followed the installation instructions above, the module is in “test” mode and you can test it by purchasing from your site as a buyer normally would. You will be redirected to PayFast for payment and can login with the user account detailed above and make payment using the balance in their wallet.
You will not be able to directly “test” a credit card or Instant EFT payment in the sandbox, but you don’t really need to. The inputs to and outputs from PayFast are exactly the same, no matter which payment method is used, so using the wallet of the test user will give you exactly the same results as if you had used another payment method.