Xero is beautiful accounting software that millions of people love using to run their small business. Connect PayFast and Xero today to give your customers the ability to settle their accounts quickly and conveniently via Credit Card, Instant EFT, Bitcoin and more.
- Add a ‘Pay Now’ link to your invoices to offer customers a convenient way to settle their account
- Invoices settled via PayFast automatically reflect as paid in Xero
- Payment records are cleverly matched to your customer records in Xero
What is Xero?
Xero is easy to use online accounting software that’s designed specifically for small businesses.
- It’s all online, so you can work when and where you want to. Just login with your PC, Mac or mobile.
- Your bank statements are automatically imported and categorized, letting you see your cashflow in real-time.
- Invite your team and work together on financials. You can collaborate over your up-to-date numbers.
- Xero has all you need to run your business – including invoicing, paying bills, sales tax returns, reporting and much more.
Find out more or try Xero Accounting Software for free.
- Log in to your PayFast account and navigate to the settings page.
- Click on ‘Enable’ next to ‘Xero Integration’.
- You will be redirected to Xero.
- Authorise the application.
- You will be redirected back to your PayFast Xero settings page, with all the fields populated.
- The dropdown options are populated by Xero, these are the accounts that transactions get mapped to in Xero.
- PayFast Code – The account in Xero that all PayFast transactions get mapped to.
- Payout Code – The bank account that PayFast generates payouts to. The Xero system is updated when a payout is made, automating the bookkeeping process.
- Fees Code – PayFast fees charged on each transaction get mapped to this account.
- Tax Rate – This MUST be 14% (current RSA VAT rate), if you haven’t already created this tax rate in Xero, you can do so here.
- Update these settings
- Copy the Xero Pay Now URL under your Xero settings, then click on ‘Go to Xero account’.
- Click ‘Add Payment Services’ and Paste the URL into the Payment Services URL field.
- Now add the newly created PayFast payment option to your Xero Invoices.
- Click on ‘Settings’ add select ‘General Settings’, followed by ‘Invoice Settings’ (under Features)
- You can edit the existing theme (click on ‘Options’ and select ‘Edit’), or you can add a new branding theme or edit the ‘Standard’ theme.
- Click on ‘Payment Services’ and select ‘PayFast’
- Click ‘Save’
- NOTE: it is important to add the VAT to the invoice in order for it to work as expected.
- The below screenshot shows the similar settings required if you are using a custom branding template.
You are now ready to create Xero Invoices!