Any document that is used to validate a physical business address must reflect the name of the business and the physical address of the business (legal property descriptions are also acceptable - e.g. erf 1 Johannesburg).
- Utilities account, e.g. rates, taxes water, electricity, etc.
- Any government issued document: e.g. court order, subpoena, traffic fine, etc. or documentation relating to UIF and/or pension payouts, etc.
- Bank statement issued by your bank.
- Correspondence from a Body Corporate / Share Block Association.
- Documentation from an insurance or assurance company.
- Investment statement from an Investment Provider.
- Mortgage statement from a mortgage lender.
- Rental / lease agreement.
- SARS document which includes: a document produced by SARS or a document to be used for tax purposes, e.g. IT12S, IRP5, IT3b, etc.
- Telephone account, e.g. Telkom, Vodacom, etc
- Television license documentation.
- A letter from a municipal representative (e.g. ward councillor), on the municipality's letterhead, confirming that the business is permitted to operate on land managed / serviced by that municipality, bearing the stamp of the relevant municipal authority.
- Once-off invoices, i.e. Doctors accounts or invoices from plumbers.
- Company registration documents.
- Proof of address sent to a PO Box address.