PayFast enables South African businesses of all sizes to accept payments online. We enable easy, secure and instant transfer of money from online buyers to sellers.
- PayFast offers Individual, Business or Cause accounts for any type of South African business or NPO no matter the size
- Merchants can accept funds from local and international customers from anywhere in the world in ZAR
- A variety of payment methods to suit all your customers: Instant EFT, credit cards, Masterpass, mobicred, debit cards and Bitcoin
- Free set up and no monthly fees
- Over 70 shopping cart integrations (no development skills needed)
- PCI DSS Level 1 Service Provider – the highest security level possible
Sign up today and take your online business to new heights.
How does it work?
Sellers with a (free) PayFast account can enable some (or all) of our supported payment methods on their site. PayFast works with dozens of powerful eCommerce platforms and doing custom integration is a breeze.
When a buyer clicks to pay, they get to choose their preferred payment method and securely completes the transaction on PayFast’s servers.
After payment has been completed, the buyer and seller are both notified of the successful transaction. The seller can immediately start fulfilment of their goods or services.
All transaction details and payments received, minus our modest fees, reflect instantly on the seller’s PayFast account.
The funds can be moved from the seller’s PayFast account to any linked South African bank account type at the click of a button (or via Scheduled Payout). No merchant bank account is required to receive payments with PayFast.
Since all payments happen on PayFast’s secure infrastructure, merchants needn’t worry about costly certification nor seeing, storing or securing their customers’ financial information.