African Wildlife Vets provides veterinary support for the following operations:
- Treatment of injured wildlife species including snare removals and poaching wounds.
- Capture and retrieval of animals that have escaped the boundaries of protected areas.
- Dehorning black and white rhinos to reduce the risk of poaching.
- Relocating threatened species to provide genetic variation in smaller protected areas.
- Collaring, notching and branding to monitor threatened and endangered species.
- Care for rhino orphans
- Disease control and surveillance