A public benefit organisation that exists to advance a culture of creativity: upholding and promoting freedom and diversity of expression, inclusive community building and volunteerism with the aim of fostering positive social change, which:
* Creates a blank canvas to actualise and promote a wide spectrum of arts and culture in South Africa at and through the annual AfrikaBurn and other events;
* Implements developmental, creative social outreach projects that uplift and include the marginalised and underprivileged;
* Innovates and collaborates with local and international partners to foster cultural, skills and knowledge exchange in the AfrikaBurn community, the Burning Man Regional Network and beyond; and
* Implements and supports projects which enrich education, provide bursary support, preserve and regenerate the planet and protect non-human life from abuse and degradation.
AfrikaBurn can only issue Section 18A tax certificates for donations towards our rural community projects in the Tankwa Karoo that support:
* children (education and development)
* donkeys (animal welfare)
* plants (conservation)
* planet (environment)
If you wish to donate directly to any of these projects and receive a tax certificate, please indicate your choice of project and leave your full name and current email address in the “Appreciation Message” box.
But why not art? South African Revenue Services does not currently consider cultural activities worthy of tax relief to donors. Until they have a change of heart, we are unable to offer tax certificates for donations to arts projects. Contributions towards core costs are still very welcome and necessary to sustain cultural services.
Thank you for your support.