Ethelbert Child and Youth Care Centre is a full-time residential place of care and protection for orphaned and vulnerable children and youth aged 18 months to 18 years.
Our vision is to ensure that every child is given the opportunity to outgrow their trauma and thrive in an environment of care, love and security - free of prejudice. This is achieved through the delivery of a high-quality, comprehensive package of Child Care services to our beneficiary base of 65 children and/or youth. These Child Care services are dedicated towards the promotion of optimal rehabilitative and growth outcomes and include:
- Creating a safe and therapeutic familial environment
- Ensuring educational needs of children are met through admission into mainstream schools, remedial or specialized teaching for children with learning disabilities
- Early childhood development programming for children aged 2-5 years
- Recreational, life-skills and extra-curricular programming
- Collaborative efforts with Department of Social Development for reunification of families
- Host & foster parent recruitment, training and support
- Making use of qualified personnel and dedicated volunteers;
- Establishing partnerships with the corporate sector, like-minded organisations and government departments;
- Implementing healthy business principles to ensure quality service
To achieve our vision, Ethelbert Child and Youth Care Centre seeks to establish meaningful partnerships with like-minded organisations whose strategy supports social upliftment and change. However, the support to our cause is not solely focused on monetary contributions but in-kind contributions as well. Our many fundraising efforts assist to either supplement, expand or advance our organisation ensuring we are able to continue the work we do. All funds raised go directly to the evolution of our beneficiaries from previously disadvantaged children and youth to successful, well adjusted societal change-makers of tomorrow.