The social and welfare activities conducted by the Jamiatul Ulama KZN are as follows:
1. Welfare Relief to those undergoing difficulty with food, rent, lights and water etc.
2. Welfare Relief to refugees.
3. House visits to welfare recipients.
4. Disaster and emergency relief operations.
5. School uniforms and stationary distribution for the underprivileged.
6. Winter warmth project for the underprivileged.
7. Provision of scholarships and bursaries.
8. Various upliftment programmes for the general public.
The Jamiatul Ulama KZN has assisted thousands of needy and destitute people of all races, colour and creed in KZN for the past 59 years.