TEARS Foundation provides access to crisis intervention, advocacy, counselling, and prevention education services for those impacted by domestic violence, sexual assault and child sexual abuse. Confidential services are provided to all victims at no charge!
TEARS Foundation is a woman-led organization help is provided regardless of ethnicity, religion, culture or socio-economic background or location, TEARS Foundation provides assistance nationwide with a 24-hour free SMS service to anyone who has access to a cell phone.
The service identifies the closest centre to you and we link or connect victims to facilities that offer the following services:
• Individual counselling
• Group counselling/ couples counselling
• Support groups
• Volunteer opportunities
• We link victims to emergency shelters
• Refer to medical facilities for medical attention (for rape victims) so they get access to:
o Antiretrovirals (ARVs) treatment to avoid the infection of Human Immuno Deficiency Virus (HIV) because HIV is preventable
o The morning after pill to avoid unwanted pregnancy from the rape
o Antibiotics for possible Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs)
o Blood tests to test for date rape drugs in the blood system
o Internal medical examination to see and treat the extend of the victim's injuries
o Access to a medical facility that issues a J88 for court purposes
• We follow-up with the police on behalf of victims who have case numbers
• We give them advice on how to apply for a protection order
• We refer child victims to child-friendly facilities
• We guide women and men on how to leave abusive relationships
Confidential services are provided to all victims at no charge.