The beneficiary communities associated with the TFPD managed lodges are:
– ‡Khomani San and Mier communities of the Northern Cape who own !Xaus Lodge in the Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
– The VaTsonga, BaHananwa, BaSotho, BaLobedu, VhaVenda are the communities that own the ten camps of the African Ivory Route in the Limpopo Province. The camps are run by a combination of one or more communties with the VaTsonga and BaPedi being involved in 5-7 camps each; the VhaVenda in 2 camps and the BaHanawa and BaLobedu in 1 camp each.
– The VhaVenda people in Northern Limpopo own Awelani Lodge and Eco-tourism Park near Parfuri Gate of the Greater Limpopo Transfrontier Park
– The BaTlokoa Community of Phuthaditjhaba who own Witsieshoek Mountain Lodge in the Maloti Drakensberg Transfrontier Conservation Area
– The Shangaan community of Massingir Velho who live in Mozambique’s Parque Nacional do Limpopo, close to Machampane Wilderness Camp.