The Chosen is a South African-based non-profit organisation (Registration: 136-846 NPO in terms of the Nonprofit Organisation Act, 1997 of South Africa) that serves and supports the orphaned and vulnerable learners in schools. This is achieved through a holistic approach that incorporates education, psycho-social support, skills and leadership development, spiritual support, nutrition and health support.
The Chosen has a vision of a nation that enables the orphans and vulnerable children to grow, become leaders and world changers. These leaders will serve their generation with integrity and excellence.
To provide holistic support to vulnerable Learners by :
- Creating opportunities for them to learn and grow
- Helping them to have access to care and support for their psychosocial well-being
- Rallying other professional to provide services for the benefit of the learners
- Inspiring them to discover their gifts and talents and live purposeful lives
- Sharing resources with them in support of their right to basic nutrition, education and shelter Teaching and empowering them with critical life skills