The iSchools is a South African based not-for-profit organisation with a mission to expand people’s access to quality higher education and quality life skills training through Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs)/ e-learning and contact (instructor lead) training and development.
We believe that access to quality education for everyone irrespective of race, gender, geography or economic status has the potential to eradicate our nations’ triple threat challenges, namely high unemployment, poverty and inequality. We believe that with education everyone has the power to change their lives for better, and ultimately build a better world to live in.
The organization’s overall aim is to make a significant contribution towards strengthening relations between the higher education systems, industry, career builders and communities in South Africa, Africa and the wider economic and social environment by building organisational, pedagogical and technical capacities to design, develop, market and deliver MOOCs for various economic and social problems.
The iSchools’ mission is to Reach, Educate, Empower and Develop individuals, organizations, communities and nations by offering world-class higher education learning opportunities that are affordable, accessible, relevant and flexible to all those who wish to further develop themselves and their communities. We do this by:
1. Helping individuals and organizations develop their human capital through our specialized online, live and home study learning and development programs
2. Supporting organizations in designing, delivering and evaluating learning interventions.
3. Building large proactive communities of career builders and life-long learners
4. Promoting collaboration, skills, experience and knowledge sharing among communities
5. Providing support system for career builders and life-long learners of all levels