The UJW is committed to:
• Uphold and promote Jewish humanitarian values and ideals.
• Promote and protect the rights of women within the Jewish community and beyond.
• Stand up against abuse, rape and the exploitation of woman.
• Wherever we can, help enrich the lives of South Africans and improve and promote education across all ages.
• Empowering the people we work with to stand on their own two feet.
In all the above we are guided by the values which have been at the heart of successive generations of UJW members, since it’s inception in 1931
• Tsedaka - The Judaic tenet of justice, righteousness and charity
• Feminism - The promotion of women and women’s rights
• Humanity - Non-denominational, educational and philanthropic work